Pop along and say hi if you're in the area!
I painted the first female director of Madingley Hall in Cambridge. Read more about the lady herself above.
OCTOBER 2012: I was asked to appear painting for a time lapse shot in The Great British Year broadcast on BBC1 this October. This show reel includes a bit of it. I'm 19 seconds in. You can watch the whole Episode (I'm in 'Summer') on BBC Iplayer.
I have been invited to exhibit with Bankside Gallery, next to The Tate Modern in London this July. See the link above for details! OPENING TIMES: 11am - 6pm Daily.
I'm having a solo exhibition at Cambridge Art Salon starting on the 16th until the 26th of March. Details below:
5pm - 7pm Thursday,
10am - 5.30pm Friday,Saturday, Sunday.
Viewings on the 25th and 26th can be arranged. Please call Cambridge Art Salon on 01223 244391 to set a time.
I was interviewed at Debut about my work. Take a look at the video by clicking the link above.
Debut Contemporary in Notting Hill are showing my painting 'Veronica' in their Gallery Games, Olympic themed show this month. Click on the link above to see photos from the private view.
It's my 4th year participating in Cambridge Open Studios. Click on the link above (and press the 'Search' button) for the details of the annual show that takes place in my studio over the weekends of July.
I have also been featured in Cambridge News about my paintings. This is a good month! Click on the link above.
I was interviewed by the fantastic Style Magazine recently, and I have a three page piece in their June issue! Click the links above.
On May 22nd, my painting of the amazing Professor Green was unveiled to the staff and students at The Department of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics in Cambridge. He is one of the founders of 'String Theory'.
It was a fantastic moment in my art career and I got completely star struck when Stephen Hawking came to pose for photos with me and the painting. Take a look in my 'Exhibitions' folder for all the photos, or click on the link above to read an interview with me about the day that is featured on Debut Gallery's website.
I recently donated a little drawing to a charity exhibition 'The MS Trust Secret Art Show' raising money for Multiple Sclerosis. It is a fantastic cause, so please take a look at the online gallery and see if any of the art works on offer take your fancy.
1. I have been featured in Style magazine's March issue on page 98. Click the link above.
1. I will be having my own solo day show at Debut Contemporary Gallery in Notting Hill on March 10th.
Please click the link above for details!
2. I have left my job at the bookshop in Cambridge where I worked to concentrate on painting full time. I'm now putting lots of energy in to getting my work in to London shows
1. Cambridge First Newspaper has written a lovely article on me. Click the above link to have a read.
2. I have been signed up by the absolutely gorgeous 'Debut Contemporary Art' Gallery in Notting Hill, London.
Have a look at my section on their site by clicking the link above.
They are currently hanging five of my paintings. If you're in London, pop in!
2. I have also been selected to show in The New Artist Fair at The Candid Galleries in Islington from 23rd - 26th February 2012. The link is above.
3. Lastly I will be exhibiting at Impington Village College's 'Annual Art Exhibition' from the 11th - 15th February in their prestigious Promenade and Walter Gropius Hall. I will also be teaching a portrait painting class on the 13th Feb. Please contact me if you are interested in taking part.
1. I have been selected to have my work shown at a brand new art fair in London. So exciting! Click the link for details.
2. I am in the process of painting Lucasian Professor Michael Green. He works in the Department of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics in Cambridge. Look out for it on the site in a month or two!
1. Wow, what a fantastic turn out to my exhibition at Makers Gallery! Thank you so much to everyone who attended. Have a look at the photos in my 'Exhibitions' Gallery!
2. I have a brand new Facebook painting page! If you're on Facebook, give it a 'like' to keep up to date with exciting news! Just search 'Heloise Toop - Portrait Painter'.
I am holding an exhibition of portraits at the brand new Makers Gallery on Mill Road in September. The Private view is on Thursday 15th September at 7pm. You are all welcome and entry is free.
Here are the details!
Hope Street Yard,
The exhibition will continue to run from Friday 16th until Saturday 24th September. Open from 11am - 7pm every day except Sunday.
SEE YOU THERE!
Thank you to everyone who made it to my Open Studios this month. It was a fantastic chance to meet people who are interested in art and to show the public how my portraits are created from start to finish.
CONGRATULATIONS to Denise from Bottisham who was the winner of my 'Win a Portrait' raffle.
Look out for her prize on the website later this year!
1. I am on the front page of the Independent on Sunday 12th June and page 52, advertising an exhibition I will be taking part in soon. It runs from the 16th of June until 10th July 2011 (Although I'll be removing my painting at the end of June ready for Open Studios). Exhibition is at Hurwundeki 298 Cambridge Heath Rd London E2 9HA.
If you're in the area, go and check it out!
2.My painting 'Rachel' has been selected to appear on the cover of the new Open Studios 2011 guide. Pick one up and have a look!
One of my paintings is going to be exhibited at the gorgeous Heatherleys School of Fine Art in Chelsea from 12-16th of April as part of an alumni exhibition. Judges included Andy James RP, Daphne Todd - winner of BP 2010 and art critic Bill Packer. Click on the link for details.
1. I was asked to appear painting in a music video for the artist 'Beardyman'. Check it out.
2. I am in the process of painting Big Brother winner Brian Belo. Watch out for it on the site!
3. I will be exhibiting during Cambridge Open Studios on the first four weekends of July 2011. Please contact me for the location, or have a look on the Cambridge Open Studios website for details.
1. My painting 'New Dawn' was auctioned off in aid of 'The Princes Trust Charity' to raise money for disadvantaged young people.
I am also in the process of painting another portrait of the fantastic actor Jan Uddin, who kindly agreed to pose for me. I will add it to the site when it is completed.
I have been interviewed for a blog about my work. Have a look!